Digital Product Owner
Hello, we’re Karmarama. We are the UKs most progressive creative agency, now part of Accenture Interactive. And we’ve just been named number 8 in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for in 2019.
We create ideas and solutions across Brand communication, Digital and Direct communication, Digital Products and Platforms, Digital Innovation, Film & Print Production and PR & Social.
But that’s enough about us (for now…. there’s more on what it’s like to work here, further down), first, let us tell you about the Role:This role will sit within the Digital Products and Platforms team. You’ll work alongside, and collaboratively with, other Product Managers, Delivery Managers, UX Designers, UI Designers, Developers across iOS, Android and Front end web and QA.
The Product Team are the driving force behind all of our products, and you’ll be a big part of that, helping lead our thinking across all our platforms and digital products, shaping our clients’ digital roadmap and delivering multi-channel content experiences.
What does that mean for you?
- You’ll have empowered ownership of your product/project.
- You’ll work in close collaboration with other Product specialists, Delivery, Design (UX and UI) and Development teams (all on site!)
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape and grow a Client portfolio of projects for a strategic account.
- Variety. Variety of projects, project length and clients, from strategy focussed projects, to delivery focused or research specific.
- You’ll have the opportunity to scope your career direction, becoming a subject matter expert.
Join the team, and you’ll be:
- Managing the day to day product management across your Clients and multiple products.
- Delivering successful products across multi channel technologies.
- Supporting your Client Partner in defining strategic business opportunities and areas for service offering growth.
- Working alongside the Delivery Managers to ensure profitable agile delivery.
- Producing strategic proposals and recommendations for your Clients.
- Running client meetings and confidently pitching for new business.
- Communicating technical information to clients in a clear and easy to understand language.
To join the team, ideally you will have:
- Demonstrable experience in the role of Product Owner in agile development projects; establishing the agile process, defining scope, developing user stories and prioritizing backlogs.
- Creative judgement, opinions and an understanding of how creative work relates to a brief.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of app and web development.
- Commercial and financial knowledge
- Experience product managing Clients across multiple sectors.
We say “ideally” because we still want to hear from you, even if you feel like you don’t tick all of the boxes above.
What happens next:
We’ll be in touch within a few working days of receiving your application if we wish to discuss the role with you further. At that point we’ll invite you in for your first interview - to meet with one of our Client Partners, or one of their team. If that goes well, we’ll ask you back for a second (and final) interview to meet other members of the Product and Delivery teams, and one of our Managing Partners.
What’s it like to work at Karmarama:
We believe in ‘Good Works’. It is the ethos upon which the company was founded, and stays at the heart of everything we do. It’s a simple belief; if we do good, good will come to us.
We have always been a values and people led organisation. And would describe ourselves as a group of interesting, interested, smart, motivated and collaborative characters who care (about it all: each other, clients and of course the work). It’s by no accident that we choose our Employee of the Month and Team of the Month based on our 4 C’s: Care, Collaboration, Candour and Character.
But we don’t just talk the talk; As number 8 in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for in 2019, we are extremely proud of our working culture here at Karmarama; its unique, and we’re famous for it.
We are proud to have created a working environment in which our people can thrive. Learning and Development, Wellbeing, and Inclusion & Diversity are all taken very seriously, but we’re still growing, still learning, and still need YOU to help us continue to do so.
Perks and Benefits:
On top of all the standard benefits you would expect (Private medical, Pension, Gym membership – Gym Box or Mob45, Season ticket loan, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare vouchers, 25 days holiday and a bonus Birthday half day holiday, plus more) we offer some pretty unique and exciting initiatives:
- Being Family Friendly - we want to be inclusive of people who have families or side hustles, so we’re open to flexible working arrangements.
- Wellbeing Week – Run twice a year, our Wellbeing Weeks offer our people wellbeing initiatives from Ask a Physio, Introduction to Hypnotherapy and Introduction to Mindfulness talks to Flu Jabs, Art Classes and Financial Advice workshops.
- Calmarama – In house mindfulness coaching available to all.
- Pridearama – Our LBGTQ+ network who are helping challenge the status quo when it comes to Inclusion & Diversity in the advertising industry.
- KarmaKind – We have a team who organise and run charity events for our Charity of the Year (this year its North London Cares).
- Tea @ 4 – Every Tuesday and Thursday our Operations team lays on Tea @ 4. A nice cuppa, slice of cake and a mingle in our Canteen? What’s not to love!
- On site chef – Chef Jason cooks for us 4 days a week. The meals are subsidised to help you save a bit of cash too.
- Karma Sound Sessions – We host gigs for up and coming artists who come in to perform showcases for us. Stripped back and intimate, there’s a high chance these will become “I was there when…” moments.
- Academy K – Monthly talks to keep everyone informed and up-to-date with all that’s happening in the industry and beyond. Previously we’ve swatted up with the likes of Spotify and Google.