UI Designer - Based with Client Team in Surrey
Sitting within the Client's Digital Team, you’ll have the opportunity to create, shape and deliver digitally innovative and future-focused products for a major, very well-known Service brand. You’ll be at the forefront of major changes and be part of this enterprise clients shift to Digital first.
You’ll be working within a full scrum team, and working alongside and collaboratively with other UX/UI Designers, Front end and back end developers, testers, product owners, scrum masters and data analysts.
Your scrum team will be working alongside around 20 other scrum teams, which will present a great environment of shared learning and collaboration.
Based in Surrey, there are good links to London, particularly if you are based in South West London (situated near a South Western rail service), or in Surrey and surrounding areas.
You’ll have the choice of working 5 days on site within the Client’s Digital Headquarters or co-locating between the Client’s team and our own Karmarama office. We’re based next to Farringdon Station which has excellent transport links with Tube and Overground lines, which serve West London well (including Crossrail, when it opens next year).
Driver’s will find that the Client’s Digital Headquarters has excellent monitored parking and is conveniently located just off of the M25. As a environmentally friendly working environment there are electric car charging points available on-site. Plus heavily subsidised Restaurants/Canteens and Gyms in both locations.
As a UI Designer, you will:
- Create beautiful, engaging visual designs for apps, websites and other digital experiences.
- Take projects from conception to completion across our portfolio of ambitious, big-name clients.
- Collaborate with colleagues and clients in workshops and brainstorms.
- Work independently, using your initiative to take an idea and run with it.
- Present concepts, designs and rationale internally and to clients.
- Deliver screens, assets and prototypes to a high standard.
- Work in cross-disciplinary project teams with your Product, UX, Delivery and Engineering teammates.
It would be nice if you have:
- Exceptional visual design skills and the portfolio to prove it.
- Professional experience, ideally within an agency environment.
- Experience designing responsive websites plus tablet and smartphone apps for iOS and Android.
- In-depth knowledge of current visual and interactive design trends.
- A proactive, can-do attitude and a passion for digital.
- Excellent typography and layout skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Great organisational skills, able to juggle and prioritise multiple projects.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- High proficiency in Sketch and Adobe creative suite.
- Additional skills in prototyping and motion design.
- A collaborative, team-player attitude.
- A positive, fun personality and a shedload of creative ideas.
Why us? Well, we believe it’s nice to:
- Design and build products, not campaigns
- Be appreciated
- Work on a variety of products, across platform and device
- Know that you can grow and develop your skills
- Work with friendly, talented people
- Have a great work/life balance
- Work collaboratively
- Work hard because you want to, not because you have to
- Be rewarded well with nice Benefits, such as
- Health & Wellbeing – Eye Care, Subsidised Gym Membership, Yoga Classes, Private Medical Insurance and Wellbeing Week
- Wealth – A Competitive salary, Pension, Cycle to Work scheme, Season Ticket Loan and Childcare Vouchers
- Time Off - 25 days’ Holidays, Birthday Bonus and Summer Fridays
- Development - Bespoke Development Programme, Inspirational Speaker sessions and Mentoring Programmes
- Eating, Drinking, Being Merry – An onsite Chef, Tuesday and Thursday “Tea Times”, Bar Nights, Annual Ski Trip and an actual office Sweet Shop
- and many many more