Junior Data Scientist
We are Karmarama. We reframe brands for an ever-changing modern world. We do this by combining creative excellence with technology-led solutions. It means we can help clients with their business challenges now, and plan for their business opportunities next. It’s a more progressive, more effective way of working.
Our Data & Human Insight Team combines traditional analytics with bleeding edge data science techniques.
Part of Data Driven Creativity at Accenture Interactive, we work with some of the world’s leading brands on bespoke solutions to understand existing and new audiences for their products and services, whilst creating empowering consumer experiences.
And we're growing at an amazing rate. Which is where you come in; we’re currently looking for a Junior Data Scientist to join our talented Data & Human Insight Team.
As a Junior Data Scientist, your role will be highly varied and multi faceted. You will be involved in the full data science workflow, from data munging through to building models and storytelling. As we work across Karmarama and the wider Accenture Interactive family, we are constantly researching new techniques and ways to improve and add value to our clients.
It would be great if you have/are:
- Highly numerate; a degree in a relevant area is desirable.
- 1 year or more of relevant work experience, ideally with an agency background.
- Hands-on experience of working with digital data sources (web analytics, social media), geo-demographics or customer transactional data would be beneficial.
- A theoretical understanding of analytical techniques used in Data Science.
- A practical application of some analytical techniques.
- An understanding of Natural Language Processing and its applications.
- Knowledge of Python.
- A highly analytical approach to problem solving.
- Strong data manipulation skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Great relationship skills; ability to develop relationships and credibility with both internal and external clients.
- The ability to translate complex ideas into easily-understood scenarios for stakeholders.
- The ability to multi-task and support multiple areas of responsibility at the same time.
- The ability to deliver high quality work within high performing and fast-moving teams in unstructured environments.
Why us? Well, we believe it’s nice to:
- Be appreciated
- Work with great people
- Put our people first (that’s you)
- Own your ideas and have a voice
- Know that you can grow and develop your skills, whatever that might be
- Work with bright, talented people
- Have a great work/life balance
- Work collaboratively (easy when you’re all on one floor)
- Work hard because you want to, not because you have to
- Be inspired by, and work with, leaders in the industry, everyday
- Encourage individuality, entrepreneurialism and brilliance
- Affect change
- Believe in Good Works. Good Works is based on good karma, that what goes around comes around. It guides the way we work and behave. Meaning if we do the right thing for our people, clients and the wider world, good things will happen to us.
- Be rewarded well with nice Benefits, such as
- Health & Wellbeing – Eye Care, Subsidised Gym Membership, Yoga Classes, Private Medical Insurance and Wellbeing Week
- Wealth – A Competitive salary, Pension, Cycle to Work scheme, Season Ticket Loan and Childcare Vouchers
- Time Off - 25 days’ Holidays, Birthday Bonus and Summer Fridays
- Development - Bespoke Development Programme, Inspirational Speaker sessions and Mentoring Programmes
- Eating, Drinking, Being Merry – An onsite Chef, Tuesday and Thursday “Tea Times”, Bar Nights, Annual Ski Trip and an actual office Sweet Shop
- and many many more