UX Designer - Based with Client Team in Surrey
Sitting within the Client's Digital Team, you’ll have the opportunity to create, shape and deliver digitally innovative and future-focused products for a major, very well-known Service brand. You’ll be at the forefront of major changes and be part of this enterprise clients shift to Digital first.
You’ll be working within a full scrum team, and working alongside and collaboratively with other UX/UI Designers, Front end and back end developers, testers, product owners, scrum masters and data analysts.
Your scrum team will be working alongside around 20 other scrum teams, which will present a great environment of shared learning and collaboration.
Based in Surrey, there are good links to London, particularly if you are based in South West London (situated near a South Western rail service), or in Surrey and surrounding areas.
You’ll have the choice of working 5 days on site within the Client’s Digital Headquarters or co-locating between the Client’s team and our own Karmarama office. We’re based next to Farringdon Station which has excellent transport links with Tube and Overground lines, which serve West London well (including Crossrail, when it opens next year).
Driver’s will find that the Client’s Digital Headquarters has excellent monitored parking and is conveniently located just off of the M25. As a environmentally friendly working environment there are electric car charging points available on-site. Plus heavily subsidised Restaurants/Canteens and Gyms in both locations.
As a UX Designer, you will:
- Propose a range of creative conceptual ideas for any given project
- Create sketches and storyboards to visualise your UX/UI solutions
- Produce customer journeys, site maps and information architecture
- Execute detailed wireframes and create prototypes
- Perform customer research and document technology trends
- Validate ideas and designs through user testing and interviews
- Present your work internally and to client stakeholders
And it would be great if you have:
- Experience with managing and delivering a wide range of user experience projects (expert evaluation, competitor benchmarking, usability testing and user research, user flow development, information architecture, user-centred design, wireframe delivery)
- An understanding of user testing principles
- Experience contributing to proposals in ideation and concept design
- Experience using customer insight to inform and shape your UX solutions
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of user experience methodology and practices including user-centred design
- Experience with different mobile platforms (iOS and Android) and devices (tablet and mobile)
- A good working knowledge of wireframing tools such as Omnigraffle and Illustrator.
- Experience in prototyping using tools such as Axure
- Excellent report writing and presentation preparing skills
- Excellent time management and team working skills
- A proactive, can-do attitude
- A relevant degree in Design or Human Centered Computer Interaction
Why us? Well, we believe it’s nice to:
- Design and build products, not campaigns
- Be appreciated
- Work on a variety of products, across platform and device
- Know that you can grow and develop your skills
- Work with friendly, talented people
- Have a great work/life balance
- Work collaboratively
- Work hard because you want to, not because you have to
- Be rewarded well with nice Benefits, such as
- Health & Wellbeing – Eye Care, Subsidised Gym Membership, Yoga Classes, Private Medical Insurance and Wellbeing Week
- Wealth – A Competitive salary, Pension, Cycle to Work scheme, Season Ticket Loan and Childcare Vouchers
- Time Off - 25 days’ Holidays, Birthday Bonus and Summer Fridays
- Development - Bespoke Development Programme, Inspirational Speaker sessions and Mentoring Programmes
- Eating, Drinking, Being Merry – An onsite Chef, Tuesday and Thursday “Tea Times”, Bar Nights, Annual Ski Trip and an actual office Sweet Shop
- and many many more