Senior Front End Developer (React/Ember) - Based with Client Team in Surrey
Sitting within the Client's Digital Team, you’ll have the opportunity to create, shape and deliver digitally innovative and future-focused products for a major, very well-known Service brand. You’ll be at the forefront of major changes and be part of this enterprise clients shift to Digital first.
You’ll be working within a full scrum team, and working alongside and collaboratively with UX/UI Designers, other Front end and back end developers, testers, product owners, scrum masters and data analysts.
Your scrum team will be working alongside around 20 other scrum teams, which will present a great environment of shared learning and collaboration.
Based in Surrey, there are good links to London, particularly if you are based in South West London (situated near a South Western rail service), or in Surrey and surrounding areas.
You’ll have the choice of working 5 days on site within the Client’s Digital Headquarters or co-locating between the Client’s team and our own Karmarama office. We’re based next to Farringdon Station which has excellent transport links with Tube and Overground lines, which serve West London well (including Crossrail, when it opens next year).
Driver’s will find that the Client’s Digital Headquarters has excellent monitored parking and is conveniently located just off of the M25. As a environmentally friendly working environment there are electric car charging points available on-site. Plus heavily subsidised Restaurants/Canteens and Gyms in both locations.
Our favoured JS framework is React, however we're looking for both React and Ember Developers. You don't necessarily need experience in Ember, just a desire to learn a new skill. React experience is always a requirement.
As a Senior Front-End Developer you will:
- Work alongside other (cross-platform) developers and designers in a dynamic and creative environment.
- Be hands on, working with a solid tech stack, applied across a number of different products and solutions.
- Have the opportunity to explore new technologies to enhance existing services with deep learning, graph databases etc.
- Have ownership for your own work and that of your team.
- Influence solutions from pitch to delivery with direct client exposure.
- Run projects using agile delivery, within your practice and with a team consistency which can endure beyond the project lifecycle.
- Have the ability to change direction to suit the Product and Client needs.
It’s nice if you have experience with:
- CSS Preprocessors, SASS/PostCSS or similar
- Node.js (Express/Hapi or similar)
- Module systems/loaders (Webpack/Browserify or similar)
- Package management (NPM/Yarn)
- Build automation (Grunt/Gulp)
- Version control (Git)
- Basic command line usage (Mac/Linux/Bash)
- Agile delivery
- NoSQL such as MongoDB (beneficial)
- Data visualization such as D3.js (beneficial)
- Hosting with AWS (beneficial)
Why us? Well, we believe it’s nice to:
- Design and build products, not campaigns
- Be appreciated
- Work on a variety of products, across platform and device
- Know that you can grow and develop your skills
- Work with friendly, talented people
- Have a great work/life balance
- Work collaboratively
- Work hard because you want to, not because you have to
- Be rewarded well with nice Benefits, such as
- Health & Wellbeing – Eye Care, Subsidised Gym Membership, Yoga Classes, Private Medical Insurance and Wellbeing Week
- Wealth – A Competitive salary, Pension, Cycle to Work scheme, Season Ticket Loan and Childcare Vouchers
- Time Off - 25 days’ Holidays, Birthday Bonus and Summer Fridays
- Development - Bespoke Development Programme, Inspirational Speaker sessions and Mentoring Programmes
- Eating, Drinking, Being Merry – An onsite Chef, Tuesday and Thursday “Tea Times”, Bar Nights, Annual Ski Trip and an actual office Sweet Shop
- and many many more