Hello, we’re Karmarama. We are the UKs most progressive creative agency, now part of Accenture Interactive. And we’ve just been named number 8 in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for in 2019.
We create ideas and solutions across Brand communication, Digital and Direct communication, Digital Products and Platforms, Digital Innovation, Film & Print Production and PR & Social.
But that’s enough about us (for now…. there’s more on what it’s like to work here, further down), first, let us tell you about the Role:
This role will sit within the Digital Products and Platforms team. You’ll work alongside, and collaboratively with, Delivery Managers, Product Managers, other UX Designers, UI Designers, Developers across iOS, Android and Front end web and QA.
Design is at the centre of all of our products: you’ll be a big part of that, helping to find the best digital solution based on Customer insight or desired target behaviour through insight driven UX.
What does that mean for you?
- You’ll have empowered ownership of your product/project
- You’ll be paired with a UI Designer on each product/project
- You’ll work in close collaboration with other Designers (UI and UX), Product, Delivery and Development teams
- You’ll have the opportunity to keep learning UX: user testing techniques, research methodologies, latest technologies, and grow in your career as a UX designer.
- Variety. Variety of projects, project length and clients, from strategy focussed projects, to delivery focused or research specific.
Join the team, and you’ll be:
- Proposing a range of creative conceptual ideas for any given project
- Creating sketches and storyboards to visualise your UX/UI solutions
- Producing customer journeys, site maps and information architecture
- Executing detailed wireframes and create prototypes
- Performing customer research and document technology trends
- Validating ideas and designs through user testing and interviews
- Presenting your work internally and to client stakeholders
To join the team, ideally you will have:
- Experience with managing and delivering a wide range of user experience projects (expert evaluation, competitor benchmarking, usability testing and user research, user flow development, information architecture, user-centred design, wireframe delivery)
- An understanding of user testing principles
- Experience contributing to proposals in ideation and concept design
- Experience using customer insight to inform and shape your UX solutions
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of user experience methodology and practices including user-centred design
- Experience with different mobile platforms (iOS and Android) and devices (tablet and mobile)
- A good working knowledge of wireframing tools such as Omnigraffle and Illustrator.
- Experience in prototyping using tools such as Axure
We say “ideally” because we still want to hear from you, even if you feel like you don’t tick all of the boxes above.
What happens next:
We’ll be in touch within a few working days of receiving your application if we wish to discuss the role with you further. At that point we’ll invite you in for your first interview - to meet with one of our Lead UX Designers. If that goes well, we’ll ask you back for a second (and final) interview to meet other members of the UX team, plus a Product or Delivery member. You’ll be asked to present a creative task back to assembled team. We’ll give you the task after your first interview, and will ensure you have enough time between your first and second interviews to complete this comfortably (we all know that looking for a new job is a full-time job in itself!)
What’s it like to work at Karmarama:
We believe in ‘Good Works’. It is the ethos upon which the company was founded, and stays at the heart of everything we do. It’s a simple belief; if we do good, good will come to us.
We have always been a values and people led organisation. And would describe ourselves as a group of interesting, interested, smart, motivated and collaborative characters who care (about it all: each other, clients and of course the work). It’s by no accident that we choose our Employee of the Month and Team of the Month based on our 4 C’s: Care, Collaboration, Candour and Character.
But we don’t just talk the talk; As number 8 in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for in 2019, we are extremely proud of our working culture here at Karmarama; its unique, and we’re famous for it.
We are proud to have created a working environment in which our people can thrive. Learning and Development, Wellbeing, and Inclusion & Diversity are all taken very seriously, but we’re still growing, still learning, and still need YOU to help us continue to do so.
Perks and Benefits:
On top of all the standard benefits you would expect (Private medical, Pension, Gym membership – Gym Box or Mob45, Season ticket loan, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare vouchers, 25 days holiday and a bonus Birthday half day holiday, plus more) we offer some pretty unique and exciting initiatives:
- Being Family Friendly - we want to be inclusive of people who have families or side hustles, so we’re open to flexible working arrangements.
- Wellbeing Week – Run twice a year, our Wellbeing Weeks offer our people wellbeing initiatives from Ask a Physio, Introduction to Hypnotherapy and Introduction to Mindfulness talks to Flu Jabs, Art Classes and Financial Advice workshops.
- Calmarama – In house mindfulness coaching available to all.
- Pridearama – Our LBGTQ+ network who are helping challenge the status quo when it comes to Inclusion & Diversity in the advertising industry.
- KarmaKind – We have a team who organise and run charity events for our Charity of the Year (this year its North London Cares).
- Tea @ 4 – Every Tuesday and Thursday our Operations team lays on Tea @ 4. A nice cuppa, slice of cake and a mingle in our Canteen? What’s not to love!
- On site chef – Chef Jason cooks for us 4 days a week. The meals are subsidised to help you save a bit of cash too.
- Karma Sound Sessions – We host gigs for up and coming artists who come in to perform showcases for us. Stripped back and intimate, there’s a high chance these will become “I was there when…” moments.
- Academy K – Monthly talks to keep everyone informed and up-to-date with all that’s happening in the industry and beyond. Previously we’ve swatted up with the likes of Spotify and Google.