Lead Data Scientist
Hello, we’re Karmarama. We are the UKs most progressive creative agency, now part of Accenture Interactive. And we’ve just been named number 8 in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for in 2019.
We create ideas and solutions across Brand communication, Digital and Direct communication, Digital Products and Platforms, Digital Innovation, Film & Print Production and PR & Social.
But that’s enough about us (for now…. there’s more on what it’s like to work here, further down), first, let us tell you about the Role:
This role will sit within the Data & Human Insight Team. You’ll work alongside, and collaboratively with, planning and account management to make sure data is at the heart of everything we do at Karmarama. The Data & Human Insight Team combines traditional analytics, data science and qualitative research to generate actionable insight that powers progressive thinking. Ultimately the Data Science and Analytics team predicts how consumers will behave and how best to influence them.
What does that mean for you?
- You’ll be the subject matter expert across Data Science & Advance Analytics, leading the conversation across Karmarama as well as with Clients.
- You’ll be responsible for a small but growing team of Analysts and Data Scientists ensuring that best in class methodologies are employed across all projects.
- You’ll work alongside the Head of Data & Insight to continue to build a department vision, capability and product roadmap.
- You’ll lead development of internally and externally facing data products.
- You’ll mentor junior members of the team and help them develop their skills.
- You’ll have the opportunity to help commercially develop your team.
Join the team, and you’ll be:
- A key part of the data leadership team.
- Accountable for ensuring best in class mythologies are applied across all Data Science & Advanced Analytics projects.
- Responsible for the development of our NLP and Computer vision product set.
- An essential part of a quickly growing team and will take responsibility for ongoing commercial growth.
To join the team, ideally you will have/be:
- Highly numerate; a degree in a relevant area is desirable.
- Proven experience bringing products to market in a commercial setting (ideally marketing).
- 8+ years relevant work experience in an Analytics/Data Science role.
- Expert usage of Python & R.
- Exposure to R Server, R Shiny, Tableau.
- Hands on experience developing NLP & Machine Vision solutions using both supervised and unsupervised learning.
- Proven experience building predictive and prescriptive models using traditional & advanced modelling techniques (e.g Bayesian, Random Forest, Neural Network).
- A statistical knowledge of analytics models and how/when they are best applied.
- A highly analytical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Great relationship skills; ability to develop relationships and credibility with both internal and external clients.
- The ability to translate complex ideas into easily-understood scenarios for stakeholders.
- The ability to multi-task and support multiple areas of responsibility at the same time.
- The ability to deliver high quality work within high performing and fast-moving teams in unstructured environments.
We say “ideally” because we still want to hear from you, even if you feel like you don’t tick all of the boxes above.
What happens next:
We’ll be in touch within a few working days of receiving your application if we wish to discuss the role with you further. At that point we’ll invite you in for your first interview - to meet with our Data & Insight Strategy Director or one of their team. If that goes well, we’ll ask you back for a second (and final) interview to meet with other members of the Data & Insight team, and wider team members from Account Management and Strategy.
What’s it like to work at Karmarama:
We believe in ‘Good Works’. It is the ethos upon which the company was founded, and stays at the heart of everything we do. It’s a simple belief; if we do good, good will come to us.
We have always been a values and people led organisation. And would describe ourselves as a group of interesting, interested, smart, motivated and collaborative characters who care (about it all: each other, clients and of course the work). It’s by no accident that we choose our Employee of the Month and Team of the Month based on our 4 C’s: Care, Collaboration, Candour and Character.
But we don’t just talk the talk; As number 8 in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for in 2019, we are extremely proud of our working culture here at Karmarama; its unique, and we’re famous for it.
We are proud to have created a working environment in which our people can thrive. Learning and Development, Wellbeing, and Inclusion & Diversity are all taken very seriously, but we’re still growing, still learning, and still need YOU to help us continue to do so.
Perks and Benefits:
On top of all the standard benefits you would expect (Private medical, Pension, Gym membership – Gym Box or Mob45, Season ticket loan, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare vouchers, 25 days holiday and a bonus Birthday half day holiday, plus more) we offer some pretty unique and exciting initiatives:
- Being Family Friendly - we want to be inclusive of people who have families or side hustles, so we’re open to flexible working arrangements.
- Wellbeing Week – Run twice a year, our Wellbeing Weeks offer our people wellbeing initiatives from Ask a Physio, Introduction to Hypnotherapy and Introduction to Mindfulness talks to Flu Jabs, Art Classes and Financial Advice workshops.
- Calmarama – In house mindfulness coaching available to all.
- Pridearama – Our LBGTQ+ network who are helping challenge the status quo when it comes to Inclusion & Diversity in the advertising industry.
- KarmaKind – We have a team who organise and run charity events for our Charity of the Year (this year its North London Cares).
- Tea @ 4 – Every Tuesday and Thursday our Operations team lays on Tea @ 4. A nice cuppa, slice of cake and a mingle in our Canteen? What’s not to love!
- On site chef – Chef Jason cooks for us 4 days a week. The meals are subsidised to help you save a bit of cash too.
- Karma Sound Sessions – We host gigs for up and coming artists who come in to perform showcases for us. Stripped back and intimate, there’s a high chance these will become “I was there when…” moments.
- Academy K – Monthly talks to keep everyone informed and up-to-date with all that’s happening in the industry and beyond. Previously we’ve swatted up with the likes of Spotify and Google.