Lead Data Scientist
We are Karmarama. We reframe brands for an ever-changing modern world. We do this by combining creative excellence with technology-led solutions. It means we can help clients with their business challenges now, and plan for their business opportunities next. It’s a more progressive, more effective way of working.
Our Data & Human Insight Team combines traditional analytics, data science and qualitative research to generate actionable insight that powers progressive thinking. Ultimately the Data Science and Analytics team predicts how consumers will behave and how best to influence them.
Recently the team has been joined by a new Head of Data & Insight and the team has been integrated into the strategic function embedding it as a central and essential the agency.
As part of our new direction the team is growing at an exceptional rate and this is the reason for the creation of a position for a Lead Data Scientist.
As a Lead Data Scientist, you will be the subject matter expert across Data Science & Advance Analytics and will be responsible for a small but growing team of Analysts and Data Scientist ensuring that best in class methodologies are employed across is project. In the medium term you will also be responsible for the development of several products utilising NLP & machine vision.
In addition to day to day leadership of the Data Science & Advanced Analytics team you will work alongside the Head of Data & Insight to continue to build a department vision, capability and product roadmap not only lays the foundation for the team but differentiates our capability and generates new innovative ideas/approaches.
It would be great if you have/are:
- Highly numerate; a degree in a relevant area is desirable
- Proven experience bringing products to market in a commercial setting (ideally marketing)
- 8+ years relevant work experience in an Analytics/Data Science role.
- Expert usage of Python & R
- Exposure to R Server, R Shiny, Tableau
- Hands on experience developing NLP & Machine Vision solutions using both supervised and unsupervised learning
- Proven experience building predictive and prescriptive models using traditional & advanced modelling techniques (e.g Bayesian, Random Forest, Neural Network)
- A statistical knowledge of analytics models and how/when they are best applied
- A highly analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Great relationship skills; ability to develop relationships and credibility with both internal and external clients.
- The ability to translate complex ideas into easily-understood scenarios for stakeholders.
- The ability to multi-task and support multiple areas of responsibility at the same time.
- The ability to deliver high quality work within high performing and fast-moving teams in unstructured environments.
Why us? Well, we believe it’s nice to:
- Be appreciated
- Work with great people
- Put our people first (that’s you)
- Own your ideas and have a voice
- Know that you can grow and develop your skills, whatever that might be
- Work with bright, talented people
- Have a great work/life balance
- Work collaboratively (easy when you’re all on one floor)
- Work hard because you want to, not because you have to
- Be inspired by, and work with, leaders in the industry, everyday
- Encourage individuality, entrepreneurialism and brilliance
- Affect change
- Believe in Good Works. Good Works is based on good karma, that what goes around comes around. It guides the way we work and behave. Meaning if we do the right thing for our people, clients and the wider world, good things will happen to us.
- Be rewarded well with nice Benefits, such as
- Health & Wellbeing – Eye Care, Subsidised Gym Membership, Yoga Classes, Private Medical Insurance and Wellbeing Week
- Wealth – A Competitive salary, Pension, Cycle to Work scheme, Season Ticket Loan and Childcare Vouchers
- Time Off - 25 days’ Holidays, Birthday Bonus and Summer Fridays
- Development - Bespoke Development Programme, Inspirational Speaker sessions and Mentoring Programmes
- Eating, Drinking, Being Merry – An onsite Chef, Tuesday and Thursday “Tea Times”, Bar Nights, Annual Ski Trip and an actual office Sweet Shop
- and many many more