New Business Director
Hello, we’re Karmarama. We are the UKs most progressive creative agency, now part of Accenture Interactive. And we’ve just ranked as the top agency in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for the 4th year running.
We create ideas and solutions across Brand communication, Digital and Direct communication, Digital Products and Platforms, Digital Innovation, Film & Print Production and PR & Social.
But that’s enough about us (for now…. there’s more on what it’s like to work here, further down), first, let us tell you about the role:
This role will sit within the New Business & Marketing Team. You’ll work alongside, and collaboratively with, Group New Business Director and Managing Partner for Marketing to help the agency thrive through business growth and reputation.
What does that mean for you?
- You’ll be empowered to orchestrate first-class pitch teams, ensuring highest quality of pitch strategy, process and presentation.
- You’ll work in close collaboration with every single part of the business (advertising, digital, CRM, data, social, PR and production).
- You’ll have the opportunity to bring your knowledge and expertise to the new business function and trial new approaches and techniques to drive conversion.
- You’ll be an optimistic team player with a vibrant, high-energy approach who can quickly build trust in people from all levels of the agency.
Join the team, and you’ll be:
- Leading pitches and working with the GNBD to deliver the new business strategy.
- Writing RFIs, RFPs and creating credentials presentations in PPT.
- Overseeing our CRM, working with marketing manager on prospecting and weekly pipeline reporting.
- Develop targeting strategy for key prospects working alongside rest of team to execute this.
- Coordinating agency updates and packs for client prospects, intermediaries etc. with studio and design.
- Managing at least 2 direct reports.
- Working with our Client Services Directors on business development strategy for existing clients.
- An outward facing ambassador for the agency – proactively looking for opportunities for external networking in places where prospective clients are.
- Additionally, supporting with marketing and PR; depending on your experience.
To join the team, ideally you will have:
- Have 8+ years of new business experience in a creative or media agency.
- A fearless and active leader in group settings.
- Can effectively consult, manage and occasionally challenge all levels of management.
- Winning writing skills – a natural story-teller.
- Self-starter who can take a task, own it and run with it.
- Values finding better ways of doing things.
- Believes no ask is too big and no detail too small.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced and changing environment, under pressure to deadline.
We say “ideally” because we still want to hear from you, even if you feel like you don’t tick all of the boxes above.
What happens next:
We’ll be in touch within a few working days of receiving your application if we wish to discuss the role with you further. At that point we’ll invite you in for your first interview - to meet with the Group New Business Director or one of their team. If that goes well, we’ll ask you back for a second (and final) interview to meet a board representative.
What’s it like to work at Karmarama:
We believe in ‘Good Works’. It is the ethos upon which the company was founded, and stays at the heart of everything we do. It’s a simple belief; if we do good, good will come to us.
We have always been a values and people led organisation. And would describe ourselves as a group of interesting, interested, smart, motivated and collaborative characters who care (about it all: each other, clients and of course the work). It’s by no accident that we choose our Employee of the Month and Team of the Month based on our 4 C’s: Care, Collaboration, Candour and Character.
But we don’t just talk the talk; As number 8 in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for in 2019, we are extremely proud of our working culture here at Karmarama; its unique, and we’re famous for it.
We are proud to have created a working environment in which our people can thrive. Learning and Development, Wellbeing, and Inclusion & Diversity are all taken very seriously, but we’re still growing, still learning, and still need YOU to help us continue to do so.
Perks and Benefits:
On top of all the standard benefits you would expect (Private medical, Pension, Gym membership – Gym Box or Mob45, Season ticket loan, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare vouchers, 25 days holiday and a bonus Birthday half day holiday, plus more) we offer some pretty unique and exciting initiatives.
Being Family Friendly - we want to be inclusive of people who have families or side hustles, so we’re open to flexible working arrangements.
Wellbeing Week – Run twice a year, our Wellbeing Weeks offer our people wellbeing initiatives from Ask a Physio, Introduction to Hypnotherapy and Introduction to Mindfulness talks to Flu Jabs, Art Classes and Financial Advice workshops.
Calmarama – In house mindfulness coaching available to all.
Pridearama – Our LBGTQ+ network who are helping challenge the status quo when it comes to Inclusion & Diversity in the advertising industry.
KarmaKind – We have a team who organise and run charity events for our Charity of the Year (this year its North London Cares).
Tea @ 4 – Every Tuesday and Thursday our Operations team lays on Tea @ 4. A nice cuppa, slice of cake and a mingle in our Canteen? What’s not to love!
On site chef – Chef Jason cooks for us 4 days a week. The meals are subsidised to help you save a bit of cash too.
Karma Sound Sessions – We host gigs for up and coming artists who come in to perform showcases for us. Stripped back and intimate, there’s a high chance these will become “I was there when…” moments.
Academy K – Monthly talks to keep everyone informed and up-to-date with all that’s happening in the industry and beyond. Previously we’ve swatted up with the likes of Spotify and Google.
K-Suite – A shadow board of 10 employees from all levels of the organisation who operate as a voice for our people.