Hello, we’re Karmarama. We are the UK's most progressive creative agency, now part of Accenture Interactive. And we’ve just been named number 8 in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for in 2019.
We create ideas and solutions across Brand communication, Digital and Direct communication, Digital Products and Platforms, Digital Innovation, Film & Print Production and PR & Social.
But that’s enough about us (for now…. there’s more on what it’s like to work here, further down), first, let us tell you about the Role.
This role will sit within the Studio Team. You’ll work alongside, and collaboratively with Account Managers, Creative Producers and Creative teams and Designers to create cross channel media for big well-known brands such as The Army, Nando's and Lidl.
What does that mean for you?
- You'll be a bona fide allrounder. Whilst we don’t expect all of our studio to be high end experts in retouching and animation, we certainly encourage them to learn. There is plenty of opportunity for training, It’s up to you which path you want to go down
- You'll have a voice. We want you to ask questions, show interest and be inquisitive.
- You’ll keep learning and grow in your career as a talented creative art worker.
- You'll work big, well-known everyday brands.
- Variety. Variety of output, variety of brand and variety of challenge. Every day here is different.
- You'll be a part of a growing multi disciplined Studio.
Join the team, and you’ll be: Working on everything and anything.
We don’t keep Artworkers on one specific client or one particular discipline. So you will be creating:
- Traditional AW with an eye for detail
- Using your creative eye to beautify type and polish layouts
- Visualising and comping
- Designing Banner suites, social posts and emails
- Animating for social media
- Plus much more
To join the team, ideally you will have:
- Exceptional knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Higher end Photoshop and After Effects will be a massive bonus.
- Extremely strong typography skills (and a good understanding of typography rules).
- The ability to confidently present and defend work.
- Passion and a desire to always make the work better.
- Agency experience also a bonus, we work at a pretty fast pace here.
We say “ideally” because we still want to hear from you, even if you feel like you don’t tick all of the boxes above.
What’s it like to work at Karmarama:
We believe in ‘Good Works’. It is the ethos upon which the company was founded, and stays at the heart of everything we do. It’s a simple belief; if we do good, good will come to us.
We have always been a values and people led organisation. And would describe ourselves as a group of interesting, interested, smart, motivated and collaborative characters who care (about it all: each other, clients and of course the work). It’s by no accident that we choose our Employee of the Month and Team of the Month based on our 4 C’s: Care, Collaboration, Candour and Character.
But we don’t just talk the talk; As number 8 in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for in 2019, we are extremely proud of our working culture here at Karmarama; its unique, and we’re famous for it.
We are proud to have created a working environment in which our people can thrive. Learning and Development, Wellbeing, and Inclusion & Diversity are all taken very seriously, but we’re still growing, still learning, and still need YOU to help us continue to do so.
Perks and Benefits:
On top of all the standard benefits you would expect (Private medical, Pension, Gym membership – Gym Box or Mob45, Season ticket loan, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare vouchers, 25 days holiday and a bonus Birthday half day holiday, plus more) we offer some pretty unique and exciting initiatives:
- Being Family Friendly - we want to be inclusive of people who have families or side hustles, so we’re open to flexible working arrangements.
- Wellbeing Week – Run twice a year, our Wellbeing Weeks offer our people wellbeing initiatives from Ask a Physio, Introduction to Hypnotherapy and Introduction to Mindfulness talks to Flu Jabs, Art Classes and Financial Advice workshops.
- Calmarama – In house mindfulness coaching available to all.
- Pridearama – Our LBGTQ+ network who are helping challenge the status quo when it comes to Inclusion & Diversity in the advertising industry.
- KarmaKind – We have a team who organise and run charity events for our Charity of the Year (this year its North London Cares).
- Tea @ 4 – Every Tuesday and Thursday our Operations team lays on Tea @ 4. A nice cuppa, slice of cake and a mingle in our Canteen? What’s not to love!
- On site chef – Chef Jason cooks for us 4 days a week. The meals are subsidised to help you save a bit of cash too.
- Karma Sound Sessions – We host gigs for up and coming artists who come in to perform showcases for us. Stripped back and intimate, there’s a high chance these will become “I was there when…” moments.
- Academy K – Monthly talks to keep everyone informed and up-to-date with all that’s happening in the industry and beyond. Previously we’ve swatted up with the likes of Spotify and Google.