Senior Test Engineer - Based with Client Team in Surrey
Sitting within the Client's Digital Team, you’ll have the opportunity to create, shape and deliver digitally innovative and future-focused products for a major, very well-known Service brand. You’ll be at the forefront of major changes and be part of this enterprise clients shift to Digital first.
You’ll be working within a full scrum team, and working alongside and collaboratively with UX/UI Designers, Front end and back end developers, testers, other product owners, scrum masters and data analysts.
Your scrum team will be working alongside around 20 other scrum teams, which will present a great environment of shared learning and collaboration.
Based in Surrey, there are good links to London, particularly if you are based in South West London (situated near a South Western rail service), or in Surrey and surrounding areas.
You’ll have the choice of working 5 days on site within the Client’s Digital Headquarters or co-locating between the Client’s team and our own Karmarama office. We’re based next to Farringdon Station which has excellent transport links with Tube and Overground lines, which serve West London well (including Crossrail, when it opens next year).
Driver’s will find that the Client’s Digital Headquarters has excellent monitored parking and is conveniently located just off of the M25. As a environmentally friendly working environment there are electric car charging points available on-site. Plus heavily subsidised Restaurants/Canteens and Gyms in both locations.
As part of our growing QA practice, you will be responsible for the execution of functional, non-functional and automated testing across both native mobile and cross platform Web Apps, working closely with the development team and the Test manager.
It would be nice if you have the following Technical Skills:
- Python, Ruby, Java
- Selenium IDE, WebDriver
- HTML (5) / CSS (3)
- REST client / SOAP UI
- BDD framework (Behave, cucumber etc)
- Command prompt and terminal bash scripting
- Jira, Github, bitbucket, Behave Pro
- Adobe software
- Integration testing, System testing, Acceptance testing, Static testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Security testing, Load testing, Operational Acceptance testing, Accessibility Testing, User Interface testing and Business Acceptance testing
- Web, GUI & Mobile Testing
- BDD testing using Selenium webdriver, Python or Java with Behave or Cucumber framework
- Jira. Bitbucket, github, Swagger, Postman
- Cross Browser testing, Device testing (iOS, Android)
- Experience of and ability to design and execute effective functional tests
- Experience to work with Product Owners and Business Analysts to define Business requirements, and translate user stories into test cases
- Experience to participate in design and development meeting to ensure wireframes, design and implementations are testable
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, to perform business analysis and produce relevant acceptance criteria
- Experience identifying the genesis of a defect, using debugging tools (e.g. developer tool, JIRA or debug), analysing stack traces, code, log-files and other artefacts
- Significant experience working collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams to deliver software development projects. Broad understanding of Agile development practices including TDD & BDD and their applications.
- A passion for quality, and a determination to follow issues through to resolution
And, It would be great if you also have:
- Experience working within a mature agile development environment
- Attention to detail and experience minimising technical debt
Why us? Well, we believe it’s nice to:
- Design and build products, not campaigns
- Be appreciated
- Work on a variety of products, across platform and device
- Know that you can grow and develop your skills
- Work with friendly, talented people
- Have a great work/life balance
- Work collaboratively
- Work hard because you want to, not because you have to
- Be rewarded well with nice Benefits, such as
- Health & Wellbeing – Eye Care, Subsidised Gym Membership, Yoga Classes, Private Medical Insurance and Wellbeing Week
- Wealth – A Competitive salary, Pension, Cycle to Work scheme, Season Ticket Loan and Childcare Vouchers
- Time Off - 25 days’ Holidays, Birthday Bonus and Summer Fridays
- Development - Bespoke Development Programme, Inspirational Speaker sessions and Mentoring Programmes
- Eating, Drinking, Being Merry – An onsite Chef, Tuesday and Thursday “Tea Times”, Bar Nights, Annual Ski Trip and an actual office Sweet Shop
- and many many more