Lead Front End Developer (React)
We are Karmarama. We reframe brands for an ever-changing modern world. We do this by combining creative excellence with technology-led solutions. It means we can help clients with their business challenges now, and plan for their business opportunities next. It’s a more progressive, more effective way of working.
Our Engineering Team, within Creative Products has practices across iOS, Android and Web tech development, meaning we don’t advice how businesses can meet their challenges, we help them build the necessary foundations and channels to get them there. We help evolve the business, together.
And we're growing at an amazing rate. Which is where you come in; we’re currently looking for a Lead Web Developer to join, and lead, our talented Engineering Team.
As a Lead Web Developer, you will:
- Lead, mentor and motivate the talented team of web engineers
- Lead hands-on development of well-architected web applications
- Collaborate with team members across all disciplines and practices
- Keep you and your team up to date with, and champion, all the latest technology and trends
As Lead Web Developer, you will have overall responsibility for all web technology within our Creative Products Team. You will be working with our current and future clients as well as our fantastically talented Product and Delivery Managers, UX and Visual Designers and QA Engineers. You will be responsible for ensuring all of our web delivery is flawless whilst constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
We expect you to keep yourself, your team, and the company up-to-date with, and champion, the latest web technology and trends. You will be the leading voice for web with Creative Products and the wider Karmarama team: steering change, modifying delivery as technologies emerge and fade, allowing us to build capabilities in emerging technologies. Here at Creative Products, we blend technology with the creative and strategic disciplines in the agency.
You will be architecting and leading the development across a portfolio of complex and innovative products, web-based mobile apps and responsive web applications. This role is very much hands-on.
You will also be leading and growing a team of highly talented web engineers and take responsibility for ensuring the team flourishes and develops.
It would be great if you have experience with:
- CSS Preprocessors, SASS/PostCSS or similar
- Node.js (Express/Hapi or similar)
- Module systems/loaders (Webpack/Browserify or similar)
- Package management (NPM/Yarn)
- Build automation (Grunt/Gulp)
- Version control (Git)
- Basic command line usage (Mac/Linux/Bash)
- Agile delivery
- NoSQL such as MongoDB (beneficial)
- Data visualization such as D3.js (beneficial)
- Hosting with AWS (beneficial)
Why us? Well, we believe it’s nice to:
- Design and build products, not campaigns
- Be appreciated
- Work on a variety of products, across platform and device
- Know that you can grow and develop your skills
- Work with friendly, talented people
- Have a great work/life balance
- Work collaboratively
- Work hard because you want to, not because you have to
- Be rewarded well with nice Benefits, such as
- Health & Wellbeing – Eye Care, Subsidised Gym Membership, Yoga Classes, Private Medical Insurance and Wellbeing Week
- Wealth – A Competitive salary, Pension, Cycle to Work scheme, Season Ticket Loan and Childcare Vouchers
- Time Off - 25 days’ Holidays, Birthday Bonus and Summer Fridays
- Development - Bespoke Development Programme, Inspirational Speaker sessions and Mentoring Programmes
- Eating, Drinking, Being Merry – An onsite Chef, Tuesday and Thursday “Tea Times”, Bar Nights, Annual Ski Trip and an actual office Sweet Shop
- and many many more