Senior Delivery Manager
Hello, we’re Karmarama. We are the UKs most progressive creative agency, now part of Accenture Interactive. And we’ve just been named number 8 in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for in 2019.
We create ideas and solutions across Brand communication, Digital and Direct communication, Digital Products and Platforms, Digital Innovation, Film & Print Production and PR & Social.
But that’s enough about us (for now…. there’s more on what it’s like to work here, further down), first, let us tell you about the Role:
This role will sit within the Digital Products and Platforms team. You’ll work alongside, and collaboratively with, other Delivery Managers, Product Managers, UX Designers, UI Designers, Developers across iOS, Android and Front end web and QA (all based in our office in Farringdon).
The Delivery team are at the centre of all the Products we design and build. You'll be a big part of that, helping the delivery of department and group projects, through sound and tested project management processes; creating, supporting and developing the best working environments and practices for our teams.
What does that mean for you?
- You’ll be part of a team that embodies the Agile mindset through everything they do, from how they build products to how they manage self-development.
- You’ll have empowered ownership of your product/project.
- You’ll work in close collaboration with your fellow Delivery team members; whilst you’ll be empowered to work autonomously, the team work together to find solutions collaboratively.
- You’ll have the opportunity to continually develop your Delivery skills; improving as a team, and individually through continuous learning, training, retrospectives and coaching. Internally, we train on areas of interest like release management facilitation, user story mapping and Agile delivery, and externally, offer the team the opportunity to gain Scrum Master certification.
- Variety. Variety of projects, project length and clients.
Join the team, and you’ll be:
- Planning the project approach and teams alongside the Resource Manager.
- Gathering estimates from the team and facilitating the project cost approval process.
- Reporting on your projects progress, health, budget and revenue projections.
- Facilitating the day to day project ceremonies and supporting the projects continuous improvement approach.
- Planning the short and long term actions for the project and its team.
- Working with our clients to support their needs on the project and also gathering information and insights for the project team.
- Continuously aligning with the Product Owner on progress, team and client need.
What happens next:
We’ll be in touch within a few working days of receiving your application if we wish to discuss the role with you further. At that point we’ll invite you in for your first interview - to meet with our Head of Delivery, or one of their team. If that goes well, we’ll ask you back for a second (and final) interview to meet with other members of Delivery and Product.
What’s it like to work at Karmarama:
We believe in ‘Good Works’. It is the ethos upon which the company was founded, and stays at the heart of everything we do. It’s a simple belief; if we do good, good will come to us.
We have always been a values and people led organisation. And would describe ourselves as a group of interesting, interested, smart, motivated and collaborative characters who care (about it all: each other, clients and of course the work). It’s by no accident that we choose our Employee of the Month and Team of the Month based on our 4 C’s: Care, Collaboration, Candour and Character.
But we don’t just talk the talk; As number 8 in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for in 2019, we are extremely proud of our working culture here at Karmarama; its unique, and we’re famous for it.
We are proud to have created a working environment in which our people can thrive. Learning and Development, Wellbeing, and Inclusion & Diversity are all taken very seriously, but we’re still growing, still learning, and still need YOU to help us continue to do so.
Perks and Benefits:
On top of all the standard benefits you would expect (Private medical, Pension, Gym membership – Gym Box or Mob45, Season ticket loan, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare vouchers, 25 days holiday and a bonus Birthday half day holiday, plus more) we offer some pretty unique and exciting initiatives:
- Being Family Friendly - we want to be inclusive of people who have families or side hustles, so we’re open to flexible working arrangements.
- Wellbeing Week – Run twice a year, our Wellbeing Weeks offer our people wellbeing initiatives from Ask a Physio, Introduction to Hypnotherapy and Introduction to Mindfulness talks to Flu Jabs, Art Classes and Financial Advice workshops.
- Calmarama – In house mindfulness coaching available to all.
- Pridearama – Our LBGTQ+ network who are helping challenge the status quo when it comes to Inclusion & Diversity in the advertising industry.
- KarmaKind – We have a team who organise and run charity events for our Charity of the Year (this year its North London Cares).
- Tea @ 4 – Every Tuesday and Thursday our Operations team lays on Tea @ 4. A nice cuppa, slice of cake and a mingle in our Canteen? What’s not to love!
- On site chef – Chef Jason cooks for us 4 days a week. The meals are subsidised to help you save a bit of cash too.
- Karma Sound Sessions – We host gigs for up and coming artists who come in to perform showcases for us. Stripped back and intimate, there’s a high chance these will become “I was there when…” moments.
- Academy K – Monthly talks to keep everyone informed and up-to-date with all that’s happening in the industry and beyond. Previously we’ve swatted up with the likes of Spotify and Google.